Tuesday, May 20, 2014 | 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
ACTC is co-sponsoring the only IPEDS training to be held in the Midwest this spring. The full-day workshop, led by the Association for Institutional Research (AIR), is designed to help academic leaders find and use IPEDS research to support evidence-based decision-making on their campuses.
Attendance is free but registration is required — details below.
About the Workshop
The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) and ACTC are co-hosting a one-day IPEDS Workshop for data providers and users. Financial support for this workshop is provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
- Workshop held on the Augsburg College campus, Minneapolis, MN
- 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 20, 2014
- Six hours of instruction (demonstrations, discussions, PowerPoint presentations, and hands-on computer based training exercises) divided into two 3 hour segments
- No tuition charge to participants
Note: IPEDS Workshop participants are required to bring a MAC or PC laptop with wireless capability and Microsoft Excel.
- IPEDS Data as the Public Face of an Institution raises the level of awareness among higher education professionals about the importance of accuracy and consistency in data reported to IPEDS. Examples of real IPEDS data used in the public domain will be incorporated, enabling participants to understand how IPEDS data are used by governmental and non-governmental entities. This module includes presentations, discussions, exercises and demonstrations utilizing IPEDS data tools and resources.
- IPEDS Data and Benchmarking: Supporting Decision Making and Institutional Effectiveness is designed for participants with no or little experience in the area of conducting benchmarking studies or with the IPEDS Data Center. This module introduces the fundamentals of creating benchmarks to measure institutional effectiveness. The module provides an overview of the types of comparison groups that can be constructed using IPEDS data, with examples of appropriate use. Participants will use actual data from the IPEDS Surveys, Data Feedback Reports, and the Data Center. Exercises and resources will demonstrate processes to establish key performance indicators and identify variables to refine comparison groups.
Registration & More Info
Find additional information or request a seat online here.
Each workshop is limited to 45 participants and workshop seats are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Seat confirmations are delivered via email on a rolling basis approximately 3 business days after an online seat registration is submitted.